The following requirements should be met for the material as the fuel cell separator:
1. For oxygen and hydrogen or other materials, such as methanol should have low permeability.
2. In order to form a continuous hydrated ionic phase from one side of the membrane to the other, there is a high swellability to water.
3. In order to achieve a high conductivity at 50 ° C, the membrane should have sufficient ion exchange capacity.
4. The membrane should have high chemical and mechanical stability under harsh battery conditions.
5. It is easy to form a continuous film on the surface of the catalyst particle.
6. Reasonable cost.