Can be the same or two or more homogeneous or heterogeneous parts (or materials) connected together, after curing with sufficient strength of organic or inorganic, natural or synthetic substances, collectively referred to as adhesives or adhesives, adhesives, customarily referred to as glue.
1. According to the application method can be divided into heat-type, hot-melt type, room temperature curing type, pressure-sensitive type.
2. According to the application object is divided into structural type, non-configuration or special glue. Structural adhesives are: Epoxy resin, polyurethane, silicone, polyimide and other thermosetting adhesives; polyacrylate, polymethacrylate, methanol and other thermoplastic adhesives; as well as phenolic-epoxy and other modified Multi-component adhesives.
3. By curing the form can be divided into solvent evaporation type, emulsion type, reaction and hot melt four.
4. Synthetic chemists often prefer to classify adhesives by their chemical composition.
5. According to the main ingredients are divided into organic, inorganic.
6. According to the appearance classification, can be divided into liquid, paste and solid three categories.
7. By component classification: single-component, two-component, reactive type.